You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?

Walk the Talk Kitchen and Catering.

A strictly during the week venue, I hadn't had the pleasure of being there before but it is a favourite of my partners parents, so they took us both for lunch. I heard they were know for their laksa so I had to get that. They provide catering, take away meals and cakes in their fridge. The vibe is cosy and comforting with a great open fire, the mismatched chairs are a great touch.

Chicken Laksa
This Laksa was a beautifully fragrant, spicy and coconut milk based soup, with chicken that fell apart and bouncy noodles. The day was brisk and cold so this was the perfect dish to warm me up. For a small bowl this was packed full of flavour and it was a great size, that left plenty of room for cake.  I personally would have added some more chilli as I have acquired a taste for spicy food the older I have gotten. A small bowl will set you back $14 with a larger size just a dollar more.
 


Baked Lemon Cheesecake
Gluten Free

Have you ever seen the Friends episode where the cheesecake gets delivered to Monica and Chandler's apartment by accident? Chandler starts eating it and then Rachel busts him eating it. I recently watched this episode a few times and all I wanted was a good slice of baked cheesecake, with a buttery biscuit crust just like the one from Mumma's little bakery. My prayers were answered with this amazing slice of cake. It was rich and creamy with the lemon flavour making it even more special. The crust was just as buttery as I had hoped and while it has never been my preferred part of a cheesecake, this was the nicest crust I have ever had on a cake before. There was another cake I almost choose, a lemon cream cake that looked outstanding but I couldn't pass this up. If you aren't up for lunch, then you must stop by for a coffee and one of their amazing cakes.


Coffee
To finish off a wonderful lunch I ended with a lovely cappuccino. I normally take a sugar in my coffee and this didn't need it at all. A great end to a delicious lunch.


So if you find yourself in Verdun or Blackwood then please do yourself a flavour and TREAT YOURSELF!


Opening Hours from their Facebook below

VERDUN: Monday to thursday 8:30-5pm, Fridays 8:30-late for dinner.
25 Onkaparinga Valley Road (part of the old post office)
Verdun South Australia 5245
8388 7344

BLACKWOOD: Monday to Friday 9-5pm, Saturday 10-3pm
Shop 2, 10-12 coromandel Parade, Blackwood SA 5051
8278 1509


Check out there Facebook below

Comments

Popular Posts