Raise a Glass

Ciccone 2006 Botrytis Riesling is the perfect wine to fill my glass whilst I toast to my grandparents. Tuesday the 6th of June is the six year anniversary of my Granddads passing, it is also the first one since my Grandmother passed away in January of this year. Ciccone wine isn't being produced anymore and I felt it was fitting to toast to them with something just as special as they were.



A beautiful golden honey colour, like someone bottled up sunshine from a sunset in summer. There are notes of citrus, tropical fruits like pineapple and apricots that have been stewed. As you take your first sip, almost before it hits your tongue, this wine sings a beautiful song. The flavour is bright, almost zesty, but with a maturity coming from the apricot flavour. This is a viscous wine with a heavy chewy mouth feel and a lingering finish. I think my Granddad would have loved a glass of this. If you are lucky enough to find a bottle, then I highly suggest you do not miss the chance to try it.




No matter how much time has passed I will always miss them like it was yesterday. It is nice to be able to raise a glass to their memory and drink something delicious while celebrating two very special people to me.


Cheers Granny Grace and Granddad Bob

Wish we could have a glass together


Comments

Popular Posts