Engine Engine Number Nine

2015 Engine Room Cabernet Sangiovese

It has been very cold this winter and thus the perfect weather to snuggle up under blankets with a big glass of red wine to warm up. I hadn't had the pleasure of trying this one before and while I was wandering around our wine room, the label caught my eye. It has such a beautiful design and I love the colour pops.


This wine hails from the McLaren Vale by winemaker Hamish Maguire. I picked this wine from Naked wines but you can also find a selection of the Engine Room wines at your local bottle shop. Hamish grew up surrounded by everything wine and while spending his twenties traveling through Europe, working in wineries and vineyards in Paris and Spain he became infatuated with the art and beauty of winemaking. This made him truly appreciate everything he grew up with at the McLaren Vale and thus we are gifted with his amazing wine.

Outside of the light this wine has a dark almost black look, but once the light hits it you get a burst of purple reddish colour. On the nose I get hints of red fruit, black cherry, leather and spice. On the tongue this wine is both bright and deep. A long finish with those same notes of cherry, with blackberry and a hint of spice. The wine has very balanced tannins with a long and lingering finish.



Now that I've told you all about this wine, its time to curl back up under the blankets and enjoy my big glass of red. Make sure you pick some up next time you are looking for a great drop to enjoy.


Click on the link below to learn more

Comments

Popular Posts