Munch Time

I think its safe to say I have already expressed how amazing I think MunchPak is. When you love to try new foods, snacks and lollies and see what other people around the world eat, this really is a fantastic option for you. These boxes work well as a gift, to share with friends and family or just keep all to yourself. December brought with it a box jammed packed with snacks and I got to try so many new things. It was the perfect way to end 2017!


Old Fashion Tea 
Green Tea
Spain
I was really happy to have something other then coffee as a beverage this time. The coffee has always been nice but I never have the right equipment to brew it. I really like green tea and this was just as good as ones I have had before. A little earthy with floral notes it was delightful to drink both hot and cold. I would buy this again.

Cannoli Chips
USA
These were an unexpected delight. Sugary and full of cinnamon, these smelt just like a cinnamon doughnut. The pastry is light and flaky and the cinnamon sugar is just right, not too sweet with the perfect balance of spice. Despite all the sugar this wasn't as sweet as I was expecting and the aftertaste is a lot more savoury but they are hard to put down after you have the first one. It's fantastic that they are in a resealable bag so if you are able to control yourself you can save them for later.

Tayto - Jonnie Onion Rings
Ireland
These chips had an almost BBQ smell to them with a hint of onion. The chips themselves are wheaty, onion flavoured rings, salty but balanced out well. They are very puffy and have a good crunch but they do get stuck in your teeth very easily. A good snack but I do feel like they are missing something, I can quite place my finger on what it is though. These are still a good snack.

Watermelon Gummy Candy
Japan
Now watermelon flavoured products aren't normally something I really enjoy. I love the fruit but find the artificial flavour a little strange but these were some of the nicer ones I have had before. They have a super strong smell, watermelon mixed with plastic, sweet but weird. The pale pink/orange gummies are covered in a powdery coating that almost glitters. Nice bouncy chewy texture that's easy to bite into. The flavour is a lot more pleasant then the smell, a sweet watermelon taste that builds the more you chew. If you love watermelon lollies then I feel you would really enjoy these despite their weird smell.

Jelly Belly Krispy Kreme Doughnut
USA
It's amazing that they can get jelly beans to taste and smell just like doughnuts. They have a super sugary smell and the flavours are rather artificial but they do taste pretty true to the flavour they were going for. If you love Jelly Beans and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts then these are the snack for you! I personally wouldn't get them again, not because I didn't like them but Jelly Beans just aren't my jam.

Fini Sweet and Sour Licorice
Mini Kollisions
Spain
These promised me Sweet and Sour but I was only given sweet, super sugary sweet. Liquorice isn't my favourite and while I don't mind fruit ones normally these were sort of lost. The flavour is so sweet that its very hard to tell what sort of fruit it's meant to be. I didn't get the sour tang with any of the colours which made me a little sad. They have a waxy plastic texture to them which is slightly unpleasant. The filling is weird as well, a little powdery but like it has been compacted together. I personally wouldn't buy these again. 


Kabaya SakuSaku Panda
Japan
One of the most adorable cookies you are ever going to eat. How could you not love Panda cookies? Each one has a different expression ranging from angry to happy to sad and not only are they adorable but they are delicious. Milk and white chocolate make up the faces with a light crunchy cookie base. The chocolate is smooth and creamy, not overly sweet and neither is the cookie part. A really easy snack to eat and fun to play with as well. I have had these/similar ones before and will always be happy to see them.

Milka - Chips Ahoy
Poland
 
Oh my goodness this was pretty amazing. Milky, creamy, smooth hazelnut flavour this chocolate just melts away in your mouth. The biscuit has a great crunch but in my eyes it's all about the chocolate. Sweet and rich this is very easy to keep eating. It's even better when the chocolate is a little melty and gooey so it gets all over your finger when you eat it. Lets hope they have more varieties of these in future boxes.

Nimm2 Fruit Candy
Germany
These are the kind of candies that grandmothers would have lying around in a little glass bowl which they would hand out when you are being good. Orange and Lemon both have a really nice flavour, sweet, a little sugary with a slight tang from the citrus. They are a really nice hard candy nothing phenomenal but very pleasant. 

Burts - Hand Cooked Potato Chips
UK
Salt and Vinegar chips are a weakness of mine. When I'm feeling sick they are especially nice as something about the acidic tang and salt helps settle my tummy. These were very lightly scented but the closer you place your nose in the packet the stronger the smell becomes. The malt vinegar has a very tangy, slightly sweet smell that made my mouth water. The more you eat of these the better they get and I almost couldn't stop myself from eating them all in one go. Not too salty with a great malt flavour they are a good chip. While the potato itself wasn't quite as amazing as the Great lakes ones from previous boxes it was still nice on its own when the flavouring comes off. I would be happy to see these again.

Granuts - Cranberry
Colombia
A trail mix filled with peanuts, corn nuts, caramelized peanuts, cranberries and almonds. A good balance between sweet, savoury and salty. The corn nuts were my favourite and the cranberry came a close second, they added a bright burst against all the nutty flavours. A great snack to have while studying, reading, at work, anywhere really.

Lotte Pokémon Chew
Japan
These remind me of old fashion gum packets that I used to get as a kid. Slim rectangle shaped gum wrapped in foil and then covered in a bright and colourful wax paper wrapping. All the wrappings were a different theme of Pokémon but as any writing was in Japanese I couldn't read much else. The lolly itself wasn't actually gum and instead was a cola flavoured chew. A slight waxiness in the mouthfeel but with a nice cola flavour, these disappear quite quickly once you start chewing them. Sweet but not overly so they are a fun and slightly nostalgic snack.


Thanks for the most amazing box Jason!


Do yourself a flavour and get yourself a box today!

Comments

Popular Posts