Snack Attack - AfterDark Doritos

Bow Chippa Wow Wow!


Late night snacking just got a make over with Doritos After Dark Tacos at Midnight and Southern Fried Chicken. I like Tacos and I like fried chicken, so why not give these a taste test and see if they do indeed taste like Tacos and Fried Chicken.



Tacos at Midnight




Upon opening the bag, it does smell like tacos, also like corn (which you would expect since they are corn chips) You can absolutely smell the paprika and cumin but once you start eating them the tomato and chilli come through a lot more. The chips themselves aren't hot from the chilli, but they are spicy without the heat. The taste reminds me of the Old El Paso Taco Flavour Packets, which I would put with beef mince, so the chips remind me of a beef taco. The colour is lightly orange but not the radio active orange of the Cheese Supreme chips. I think these would be good to share with friends with a beer/cider. Give them a try but for me, if I had the choice between these and Original or Cheese Supreme, I would be choosing one of those.



Southern Fried Chicken




Chicken and Corn Soup. That is what these smell and taste like. I like chicken and I like corn but together I just cannot stand them. These don't even have a particularly strong chicken smell, the corn is what comes through the most and I don't know why no one thought of that when they were developing the flavour. They are very ehhhhhhhhhhhhh. The chips are super lightly coloured, not as light as the original chips but lighter then the Taco ones. Honestly I wouldn't buy these again as they really let down in the flavour department and should be changed to Chicken and Corn Soup. Aint nothing Southern or Fried about these Y'all.



Overall the Taco chips outrank the Chicken and Corn Soup Southern Fried Chicken chips but neither blew me out of the water. Snack away friends. Give these chips a try for yourself and see what you think.







Comments

Popular Posts