Cider Monday

Monday has come and almost gone and like last week I have been feeling a little cheeky, so we are sticking to the Cheeky Rascal ciders. Today I tried the Blood Orange, Limoncello and Pear cider inspired by Italian street food.

Similar to the Lychee, Strawberry and Pear cider this one has a beautiful peachy orange colour, like a sunset bushing against the clouds. It is such a delicate colour and always a pleasant surprise when you pour the cider out and come across a colour such as this. The Pear takes over on the nose, sweet and fruity, but the other flavours do add some depth but they blend well together. None of the flavours are very dominate on the palate although like on the nose the pear does tend to overtake. The citrus elements are very subtle and I personally would have liked a little more of a tang coming through. There is just a lacking of the brightness that citrus brings to the table and while I know that blood orange can be sweet it also carries a tartness which didn't come through here.

None of that means I didn't like the cider. I think it's a nice cider and would work well with Italian food but I personally would have loved to have seen a tart element that would help cut through the richness that some Italian food has.


500ml
8% alcohol
3.2 standard drinks
Vegan
Gluten Free

Do yourself a flavour and try one today


Comments

Popular Posts