Meet Sofi, She certainly is spritzy




Sofi Spritz is an all Australian drink inspired by Italy. A blend of Riesling, sparkling water, citrus and herbal notes. Tommy Maclean created this product out of his Bondi living room and when he pitched his product on Shark Tank, they liked it so much that four out of five investors put forward offers. Simon Gilbert is the fifth generation winemaker behind beverage development, using South Australian Riesling and all Australian ingredients to create a balanced and enjoyable drink. Today the business is nationwide. Here's what I thought.




Blood Orange and Bitters over Riesling and Soda



This drink has a nice bright citrusy smell with a hint of sweetness from the Riesling. As I poured this into a glass, there was some hint of effervescence but not a lot. The Sparkling water adds just a hint of bubble. The blood orange and bitters are balanced well in this drink, nothing is over taking the other. It is just sweet enough to appease my sweet tooth but the bitters stops it from being sickly. Blood orange is so wonderfully tart and refreshing, this would be the perfect companion on a warm summers day. Best enjoyed with friends as this 500ml bottle is 3.2 standard drinks, and at $8 an absolute steal.





Lemon and Elderflower over Riesling and Soda



I looooooooove elderflower, so I was excited to try this even more then the blood orange one. There is a light, sweet and fragrant scent to this drink, just delightful. This has the same amount of fizz that the blood orange one does, not much but enough to tickle your tongue. The lemon is wonderfully tart but it's a different tartness to the blood orange, especially as this one has no bitters. Again there is a sweetness but it isn't overpowering. I keep coming back to the point of balance, but that's just how these drinks come across. Everything is working together. Nothing is added that doesn't belong.




I really appreciate the thought that has gone into creating these drinks. They have made sure that everything is harmonised so that one flavour doesn't overpower the other. I have to be honest that I was slightly sceptical when I bought these. Riesling (which I love) but then mixed with sparkling water and fruit? saaaaayyy whaaaat?! Madness! Riesling is perfect. No need to mess with it, buuuuut my tune was changed when I tried them. Would I pick these over a crisp glass of Riesling, probably not, but I can see myself buying these again.



Go out and grab one of these today and give them a try.



Head to their website using the link below
Sofi Homepage





Comments

Popular Posts